Peak Cellars is located in beautiful Lake Country, BC, surrounded by vineyards, orchards, and beautiful mountain views. We have finished a major restaurant expansion and are looking for a self-motivated and charismatic Restaurant Manager to join our Hospitality team. With award winning wines and our locally inspired bistro menu, we are passionate about creating a memorable and knowledgeable experience.
Reporting to the General Manager, a Restaurant Manager will oversee day-to-day operations of the Bistro.
The responsibilities of a Restaurant Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and communicate standard operating procedures for excellence in the industry
- Develop new marketing strategies to grow our loyal customer base and wine club
- Planning and coordinating services to emphasize wine & food sales; accompanied by a quality culinary experience
- Effective hiring, training and management of employees to maximize performance and guest experience
- Creating positive and rewarding environment among front and back of house teams
- Ensuring guest experience satisfaction; respond to guest reviews and complaints
- Reporting of sales, profit, labor, inventory, forecasts as need to GM
- Work with Chef to coordinate menus, features, special events
- Continuous development of product knowledge within team for all wine products and Bistro menus
- Oversee scheduling, according to forecasted sales and labor targets
- Oversee programming of Point of Sale LightSpeed system; floor plans, inventory, pricing, costing
- Solve procedure deficiencies i.e. payment processors, settlements
- Liason with service providers and suppliers
- Provide updated menus for seating and to team for company website, online products, Trip Advisor, Google
- Ensure Tasting room and Bistro operational supply needs
- Collaborate with social media/advertising efforts; proper reflection of our brand, product and events
- Ensure facilities properly maintained and appealing to guests
- Monitor that all health and safety standards are adhered to
- Advise tip committee for fair & systematic distribution, not controlled by management.
- Previous management experience
- Demonstrate superior leadership skills, good judgement and decision making
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of POS software applications, uncluding Microsoft office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self and others
- Serving It Right
O'Rourke Family Vineyards adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Must already be living in Canada.