Peak Cellars and O’Rourke Family Estate are located in beautiful Lake Country, BC, surrounded by vineyards, orchards, and beautiful mountain views. We are currently recruiting for a highly professional indivdual to join our team as Manager, People & Culture.
Location: Lake Country, BC. Please note: there is no direct access to public transportation. This is an on-site position.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Essential: The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities. In addition, the successful candidate will be proactive, flexible, maintain a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare new hire/rehire packages, termination records and maintain employee files.
- Provide support in full cycle recruitment including: creating and posting job advertisements, sourcing, pre-screening resumes, identifying and coordinating interviews with prospective candidates, reference checking and on-boarding.
- Assist manager and supervisors in developing and implementing strategies for hiring, performance development and employee engagement.
- Oversee the compensation and benefit packages
- Immigration administration for LMIA’s and SAWP
- Work with managers in the development and maintaining written policies, handbooks, and training manuals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Human Resources or Business Administration degree
- 3+ years experience in Human Resources, training or related talent planning field
- Knowledge and working understanding of the British Columbia Employment Standards Act, British Columbia Human Rights Code and BC Personal Information Protection Act and Worksafe BC
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the company.
- Extremely reliable, mature and professional.
- Highly resourceful, intuitive and flexible.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with a keen attention to details.
- Industry experience an asset.
Peak Cellars adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.