Peak Cellars has finished a major restaurant expansion, and we are looking for a permanent, full-time Sous Chef to join our incredible team of food lovers. Located in Lake Country, Kelowna, BC, Peak Cellars has a ½ acre garden with two greenhouses and berry bushes that our Garden Bistro uses to prepare dishes with the freshest ingredients. If you have previous restaurant experience, and want to develop a career in the wine industry, then we want to hear from you!
The duties of a Sous Chef include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Executive Chef to create and develop new dishes and menus.
- Manage stock of ingredients and place orders with vendors when necessary.
- Produce high-quality dishes in keeping with our high standards.
- Act as mentor and trainer of up-and-coming young chefs, developing their skill-sets and talent.
- Train and supervise the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to ensure productivity in the kitchen.
- Assist the culinary team with on- and off-site functions.
- We change our menu frequently according to the seasonality of our produce available from our culinary garden & greenhouse.
Responsibilities of a Sous Chef include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with harvesting, receiving, and preparing only the freshest quality ingredients, to ensure we offer our guests our best product possible.
- Work with a team to develop, maintain and follow best practices for food storage and use, ensuring the high standards of quality expected by our Chef.
- Learn and practice our food preparation and dish presentations.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of group functions on- and off-site.
- Help maintain the high standards of cleanliness and sanitation in all kitchen areas.
- Assist with our continuous effort to ensure smooth and efficient work and service flows.
- Promote team spirit between staff in different departments, enhancing our positive work culture.
- As a team player, you assist teammates when required, such as with dish washing, banquet preparation, and other kitchen-related duties.
- Perform any other reasonable request as assigned by Chef.
You also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to withstand extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions.
- Ability to operate in high pressure environment and remain calm and focused in urgent situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as overtime from time to time.
- 25% discount on estate wines
- Staff meals
- On-site parking
- Compensation: $24-$27.50 per hour plus gratuities
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to Executive Chef, Jeremy Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff accommodation is available for seasonal staff.
The rent is $700 a month and it includes all utilities and WIFI. The trailers are equipped with fridge, stove, microwave, private bathroom, couch, bed and basic kitchen utensils - pots, pans, glassware, silverware, etc. Some units have a dishwasher, television, exterior BBQ and sound system. There is a shared centralized vacuum and also shared washer and dryer - each trailer has two separate suites.
O'Rourke Family Vineyards adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all applicants apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.