Located in Lake Country, Kelowna, BC, Peak Cellars has a ½ acre garden with two greenhouses and berry bushes that our Garden Bistro uses to prepare dishes with the freshest ingredients. If you have previous restaurant experience, and want to develop a career in the wine industry, then we want to hear from you!
Role type: Permanent, full-time
The duties of a Dishwasher include:
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation in all kitchen areas.
- Ensure that the Dish Area is organized and clean to the standards of the Executive Chef.
- Backfill Stewards on breaks and shift crossover, or during high volume periods.
- Uphold safety and hygiene practices of the Stewards’ team to Executive Chef’s standards.
- Support the Executive Chef by conducting working interviews for potential Stewards, and training / onboarding new Stewards.
Responsibilities of a Dishwasher include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a chemical and cleaning product inventory, and communicate ordering needs to Sous/Executive Chef.
- Maintain fridge compressor and ice machine cleaning schedules.
- Assist with our continuous effort to ensure smooth and efficient work and service flows.
- Promote team spirit between staff in different departments, enhancing our positive work culture.
- As a team player, you assist teammates when required, such as with banquet preparation, and other kitchen-related duties.
- Perform any other reasonable request as assigned by Chef or Sous Chef.
- Stock and inventory control.
- Food preparation.
You also are:
- Able to withstand extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions.
- Able to operate in high pressure environment and remain calm and focused in urgent situations.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as overtime from time to time.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- Able to pay strong attention to detail when cleaning and sanitizing the workplace.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to follow verbal instructions
- 25% discount on estate wines
- Staff meals
- On-site parking
- Compensation: $18.00-$20.00 per hour plus gratuities
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to Executive Chef, Jeremy Tucker at Jeremy.Tucker@peakcellars.com
Staff accommodation is available for seasonal staff.
The rent is $700 a month and it includes all utilities and WIFI. The trailers are equipped with fridge, stove, microwave, private bathroom, couch, bed and basic kitchen utensils - pots, pans, glassware, silverware, etc. Some units have a dishwasher, television, exterior BBQ and sound system. There is a shared centralized vacuum and also shared washer and dryer - each trailer has two separate suites.
O'Rourke Family Vineyards adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all candidates to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.