Peak Cellars is located on a 7-acre property down the road from OFE, and is home to our Goldie Road Vineyard. Wine isn’t the only thing the property produces; the half-acre organic vegetable garden and two greenhouses supply the highest quality fruits and vegetables for the Garden Bistro.
We are looking for full- and part-time Wine Experience Educators to join our incredible team of wine and food lovers.
Role type: Permanent, full-time (Over 30 hours per week), Permanent, part-time (Less than 30 hours per week).
Reports into: General Manager
- Bistro Manager and team
- Event Management and team
- Accommodations Management and team
- Culinary Management and team
- Wine Club Coordinator and team
- Marketing and Communications Team
The scope of the Wine Experience Educator is to provide professional, timely and memorable experiences for guests.
The main responsibilities of the Wine Experience Educator include:
- Work collaboratively with the Experiences and Bistro teams to create and execute memorable experiences for guests across all properties.
- Greet guests and enthusiastically represent our brand, providing service that goes above and beyond the expectations of our guests.
- Continually seek information about organizational menus, wine industry trends, winemaking practices, wine club memberships, and events across the entire organization.
- Responsibly pour wine tastings for guests while talking about the brand, varietals, vintages, and approach our wine makers follow.
- Typical duties could include: provide exceptional experiences that align with guest needs, process sales of wine and merchandise through our POS system, assist in booking experiences and Bistro reservations, assist in weekly inventory reviews of both wine, retail and operational products, monitor incoming emails, restock wine in both the Tasting Room and Retail areas, assist in fulfilling online orders including shipping, and participate in creating a welcoming and lively environment for our guests.
The ideal candidate has:
- A passion for both wine and customer service.
- Experience participating in the delivery of customer experiences, ideally in a winery, restaurant or Retail environment.
- Dedicated to providing personalized and professional service to all guests, and to showcasing the local region and estate offerings.
- Able to withstand extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions.
- Able to operate in high pressure environment and remain calm and focused in urgent situations.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as overtime from time to time.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- Able to pay strong attention to detail.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, aligning with dress code
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Holds a Serving it Right certification, and ensures responsible service of alcohol.
- Holds or is willing to work towards holding a WSET designation.
- Holds or is willing to work towards holding a First Aid, Level 1 certification.
- Holds or is willing to work towards a Class 4 license.
- On-site parking
- Compensation: $17.00-$20.00 per hour plus gratuities
- Discount on Peak Cellars retail wine
- Staff discount on food at the Garden Bistro
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
O'Rourke Family Vineyards adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all candidates to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peak Cellars is located on a 7-acre property in Lake Country, and is home to our Goldie Road Vineyard. Wine isn’t the only thing the property produces; the half-acre organic vegetable garden and two greenhouses supply the highest quality fruits and vegetables for the Garden Bistro.
We are looking for a Hospitality Manager to join our incredible team of wine and food lovers.
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Reports into: General Manager
Oversee day-to-day consumer facing operations of our Peak Cellars winery. Create a positive and sustainable environment that staff enjoys working in and guests enjoy experiencing. It’s very important that the successful candidate excels in the development of people and persistence of constantly improving customer experiences.
- Hire, schedule, train, coach and performance manage all front of house staff
- Work with GM to develop and maintain strong organization structure and consistency through the implementation of meetings, SOP’s and other communication techniques
- Oversee wine club manager to ensure wine club is growing and that we are engaging members in meaningful ways
- Oversee events manager to ensure we are attracting and providing excellent service to desired events and tour groups
- Work with culinary team to coordinate menus, features, and special events
- Assist marketing department in deploying promotional materials and social media. Coach staff to promote events and engage on customer reviews on sites.
- Assist financial controller by ensuring cash out accuracy, gift cards, discounts, time sheet compliance and other forms of controls are adhered to
- Work with GM on merchandising plan for the retail room and source premium merchandise as it corresponds to the theme calendar
- Work with maintenance team on building and grounds upkeep as necessary
- Work with IT department as it pertains to technology
- Participate with industry associations and other trade and consumer events as directed
- Support health and safety initiatives and promote a safe workplace for all
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing people
- Restaurant experience
- Winery experience is an asset as is formal education in wine such as a WSET
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Salary $60,000 - $80,000 annually
- Medical/Dental benefits
- Discounts on wine purchases, food and merchandise
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to the General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peak Cellars adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all candidates to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.